Sunday, July 19, 2026

Creativity >>>> Consumption

 Dear Readers, 

i heard something about a year ago-- well, no, I saw a tiktok... (PS anytime I say "I heard" or "I read something about.." it was probably from TikTok... sorry. 

anyways, it was this girl talking about how her goal is to create more than she consumes, and it really stuck with me. 

my screentime these days is hiiiigh. I'm on my phone a lot, then I'm on my computer, and then I'm watching TV. This is typical nowadays, I guess, and hard to escape. As a student, most of my work is done online. And I also work remotely, which is, again, online. I live far from home, so I'm online to communicate. And after a long day, I wind down with yet another screen. Usually one with a good RomCom. 

this chronic need to be online is exhausting for me, and it snowballs into guilt and now as I type this on my laptop i am stressed. ha! But that's why I created this blog. Sometimes, a girl just needs to vent, or share something that made her smile. Whatever it is, I have so much fun here on the blog and I feel good about creating it.


Other things in my creation bucket recently: 

- banana bread (omg made it today and it was so good. recipe incoming!)

- protein balls (in my yoga/fitness era recently. post also incoming about that)

can you tell i've been baking? it makes me feel productive and also it makes my tastebuds happy.

- i've perfected an at-home iced coffee recipe that doesn't make me miss buying a $7 macchiato every morning. working on more recipes as we speak!

- growing my tiktok! (hi if you're here from there)

- okay now that im writing i cant think of anything else but that means i need to create some more! 

- oh! this blog! -- took me about 3 days to set up. working on a tutorial since a lot of people have asked. hey, that's next on my list.


okay, post over...  create and consume carefully. love you!

Kae 🐒

5 comments:

  1. As somebody who came from your tiktok and also saw that same video you're talking about, I def feel the same way! making a blog is such a fun and creative way to let off some steam and create!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just came from your tiktok and i read this blog as i came out the shower and am sitting on my balcony and it really made me feel like a 2000s romcom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am obsessed with this starting one immediately

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the exact same way! (also came from your TikTok) this feels like a breath of fresh air to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this discussion mainly because when i was younger i was so creative. i was always making little crafts and drawing for fun, as i got older i stopped because i thought it was unproductive to be spending time on something that isn’t school/work. my screen time went up a lot and i was spending more time on social media which was making me feel miserable. this summer i decided to revisit that part of my childhood and i find in spending so much less time consuming and more time creating! i’m an animation student and i’ve been feeling really disconnected from my work for a while, but revisiting that time of my life helped me rediscover my love for art and storytelling :)

    ReplyDelete